Dear Audition Goers and DancePlug Members,
In the midst of such unnerving times, we want to continue to express our appreciation and love for our dance community. As uncertainty around Coronavirus (COVID-19) increases, it is of utmost importance for dance employers and organizations to prioritize your health and safety.
Therefore, this is a friendly reminder to please be aware that many dance auditions and jobs are being either canceled or postponed until further notice. As a company, we are doing our best to keep our notices up to date with any new information we receive. However, we kindly request that you practice diligence on your end and contact casting companies directly to confirm if an audition is still happening or not.
As for auditions that are still being held, please continue to prioritize the health and safety of yourself and others through the following guidelines outlined by the CDC.
- Wash your hands regularly
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Avoid close contact with other people (i.e. hugging and/or partnering)
- Stay home if you are feeling sick
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue if you cough or sneeze
- Clean & disinfect often
- Seek medical attention and skip the audition if you believe you may have been exposed or are feeling unwell. There will be more opportunities in the future.
Thank you for your understanding and patience. Remember, our dancing bodies act as our tools for movement and expression. No lost job opportunity is worth our health and wellbeing. We hope you continue to stay in good health and let us know if you have any questions.
Kind regards, Your DancePlug Family